Difficulties contacting Theatre Villa - does it still exist?

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
otyikondo

Difficulties contacting Theatre Villa - does it still exist?

Post by otyikondo » 31 Aug 2012 05:03

Good day to all. New poster here, hoping to find a place to lay our heads in BS in November.

I notice a recent post asking for details on Theatre Villa.
Well, I eventually found a website (would you believe the name written together with com after it?), though it loaded painfully slowly.
There was also a Facebook page, and even an email to info (at)
and phone and mobile numbers... (oh, and it has found its way onto your splendid map, too)

BUT...

Mail obstinately refuses to go through, and not for the usual silly "mailbox is full" reasons, but because
"Recipient address rejected: Domain not found", which is rather more serious, IMHO.
Strangely, the IP address is perfectly valid - I ran a check on WHOIS in case it was defunct. But mail definitely doesn't work.

The "Contact Us" section on the site WOULD probably work but for the fact that it has a security code
(just like the one required to register here, to scare off spam-bots), but it is impossible to read
the characters that are required - it looks like someone has simply sprinkled hundreds and thousands
on the screen or tried to make one of those colour-blindness tests. So it's apparently impossible to contact the place
directly thru the site.

I sent an SMS message to the mobile number given, but as yet have heard nothing back. Maybe tomorrow.

Yes, it IS listed on Agoda and I could (and maybe will) book straight through them, as it sounds quite nice, but I would rather like to know
the place actually still exists and is taking bookings, and there is hardly ever any harm in dealing directly with the owners.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It doesn't seem a very wise way to run a business, but perhaps I'm being picky. :)

Cheers

buksida

Re: Difficulties contacting Theatre Villa - does it still ex

Post by buksida » 31 Aug 2012 08:18

Yes, it still exists and is open, November isn't usually busy in BS so you should be fine just rocking up.

You'll also find that the majority of Thai owned/managed businesses do not respond to email, telephone is still the communication of choice here.

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » 31 Aug 2012 16:24

Thanks.

I did send a text message, but nothing so far came back. Just seems a bit pointless to set up a website that actually hampers rather than helps - the URL underneath the link to theatrevilla curiously takes you to "thratrevilla" [sic] and a polite ?!WTF?! from Google.

But the other side of the coin may be that they want to keep the booking side of things hands-off, and to let people like Agoda run it.

We'll see what happens.

buksida

Post by buksida » 07 Sep 2012 14:43

Just spoke with the owner, if still needed you can reach them on 085-4429150.

otyikondo

Post by otyikondo » 07 Sep 2012 22:01

Thanks. Much appreciated. Dates now a bit later, but I'll give it a try.