Will do this by location as that is the major factor on influencing price in the area. Most of the desirable land is in the Suang Luang beach area around half way between BS Yai town and the pier at BS Noi so we'll do all price estimations there - the further you go from this area the cheaper it gets.
- Absolute beach front: 4-5 million baht per rai, smaller plots will be more expensive, very large plots cheaper.
- Up to 250 meters from the beach: 2-3 million per rai.
- 3-500 meters from the beach: 1 million per rai.
- Ocean view on the hill, 600-800 meters from the beach: 800k - 1 million per rai, smaller plots a lot more expensive and hard to find.
- On the hill, no view, 1km from the beach: 600k per rai.
- Back near or on the main road, 1.2km from the beach: 500k per rai.
- Across the road but close proximity to it up to 1.5km from the beach: 300k per rai.
This is all within a square kilometer or so of the Coral Resort, this is the quickest developing area at the moment with land moving fast and new homes going up on a monthly basis. Naturally this is a very rough guide but it gives an idea of what you should be paying, don't pay over the odds and do your research.
Feel free to add any comments or ask questions here.