Hello all, introduction and question about renting....

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
Carlo G

Hello all, introduction and question about renting....

Post by Carlo G » 11 Jun 2011 15:49

Hello all,

I'm currently in Pakistan working in the humanitarian sector in the flood response. I'm looking for somewhere quiet and far away from the usual 'touristy' places to spend a month or maybe longer end of contract so from January 2012. After looking around I found out about BS and it looks exactly like the sort of place I'd love to be; quiet, beautiful nature, not developed, and with a good community. So first of all hello to all, hope to meet you all when I'm finished here and secondly if anyone has any advice or info on renting that would be greatly appreciated! Ideally I'd be looking for somewhere fairly simple, nothing fancy but with a bit of charm if possible, not too much to ask I know! :)

Thanks a lot......

buksida

Re: Hello all, introduction and question about renting....

Post by buksida » 11 Jun 2011 19:05

Welcome to the forum, there are a number of houses for rent around BS, January is peak season though so most would be full. It is advisable to book in advance.

Carlo G

Post by Carlo G » 11 Jun 2011 19:34

Thanks buksida,

I'd be coming with my girlfriend and looking to stay for a month possibly longer. If anyone has places to rent or can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful,

Cheers

buksida

Post by buksida » 12 Jun 2011 08:26

Its unlikely you'll find a house just for one month in January, you may have to book a room in a resort or a bungalow for that period (there are a few new ones going up). Most landlords prefer longer term contracts.

waz

Post by waz » 30 Oct 2011 13:07

Hi,
my name is warren or waz to my friends .Iam 61yr old aussie with thai wife.We have just put our house on market,and will move to thailand after sale .visited xmas 2010 ,and liked what I saw,when we return I would like to buy in the area.Any advice on purchase /rental or pitfalls would be appreciated.
cheers,
Waz

buksida

Post by buksida » 30 Oct 2011 14:16

Welcome aboard, have a look here for property listings in the area: http://bangsaphanproperty.com/

Only advice would be to spend a few weeks looking around and finding an area you like and that suits your budget, there is plenty of land for sale around BS and it is quite spread out.