Seeking advice on living in Bangsaphan

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
bill

Seeking advice on living in Bangsaphan

Post by bill » 14 Feb 2020 14:51

Hello, I am seeking advice about moving my family, two girls aged 10 and 8, from north Thailand to Bang Saphan and would like any info about junior schools and long term rented accomodation, nice if near the beach, accomodation 1 bedroom ok, unfurnished no problem. This is early days but have to start somewhere.
Thanking you all.
BILL

buksida

Re: Seeking advice on living in Bangsaphan

Post by buksida » 15 Feb 2020 09:47

Welcome to the forum Bill.

There is a bilingual school in BS Yai town, fees are around 20k per term for the English Program. There is a better one in Thapsake about 45 minutes north.

Plenty of rentals around, near the beach you're looking at 10-12k per month, up on the main road or in town around half that.

Ask away if you have any more questions.

bill

Post by bill » 15 Feb 2020 09:57

Hello Buksida, tks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention that my children are Thai, the schools I am interested in are the normal Government Junior school. I have lived Thailand 23years, from Australia.
Thanks again.
BILL

buksida

Post by buksida » 15 Feb 2020 11:26

Ok, there are plenty of those, including a local one in Suan Luang where the kids spend an inordinate amount of time marching around banging drums so don't expect much in the way of educational standards!