BKK Teacher Married To PKK Lass

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
mtn

Re: BKK Teacher Married To PKK Lass

Post by mtn » 12 Mar 2010 23:03

buksida wrote:iTalay is next to the Coral, they have better rooms for better rates there also!
Just came back from a few days down there, and had a closer look at each of the places down in Suan Luang...I'm not sure I'd agree with that based on the rooms we saw, but iTalay's bungalows ARE very nice. Loved them. The only reason we didn't reserve the lot of them for our wedding was the owner's son is having a big 'becoming a monk' party that weekend and the entire place will be full of their family. We did reserve the Sangjan beach house as well as the three funky wooden bungalows set in the back. It looks like we'll have people spread out along the entire beach from Lola's to the Suan Luang Beach place just beyond those two private houses (wow..those are something!).

What a great area. Those of you living there presently should really feel lucky. Back in BKK now just in time for this weekend's red shirt craziness. Whoopee.

mtn

Post by mtn » 22 Mar 2010 22:59

Coming up quickly now. Too much to do! Local folks, you're all welcome to drop in Saturday night (24 April). By all means, it'd be nice to meet some of the 'pillars of the community' so to speak. ;) I'm a get-along guy and don't consider a party really a party unless I make a new friend/acquaintance, ya know?

You can see the wheres and the whens and other info about the wedding here:

http://matthewapple.wordpress.com

Cheers mates.

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 18 Dec 2010 12:56

Just checking in again. I notice there are a few more GHs and little operations going along the beach in BSN. My wife and I are planning to go back to the USA soon (for at least a few years) so the BSN life will have to wait but is certainly still on the list! Will be down there for NYE this year, looking forward to being back for the first time since our wedding in April.

Cheers to all, Baksida, The Family, Martin at BSG (sorry to hear you've closed up shop...), and everyone...

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 18 Dec 2010 12:57

Oops, well..I forgot I've got to IDs here, mtn and Matthew. I'm the same person. ;)

mtn

Post by mtn » 18 Dec 2010 13:43

See? Hehe. I'll confirm that. ;)

mtn

Post by mtn » 18 Dec 2010 14:12

Here's a shot of my wedding procession heading down the road...

mtn

Post by mtn » 18 Dec 2010 14:14

Arrival, ready to enter and pick up my spoils...;)

mtn

Post by mtn » 18 Dec 2010 14:15

That's her...my BSN lass..

mtn

Post by mtn » 18 Dec 2010 14:18

First dance...to Etta James "At Last..."

Straight into some Add Carabao or something...hehe..;)

mtn

Post by mtn » 18 Dec 2010 14:20

The scene at night...'twas a good, busy, memorable night in BSN.

migrant

Post by migrant » 09 Jan 2011 03:43

Nice pics and a late congratulations!!

Where in the US do you live?

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 10 Jan 2011 23:36

Thank you very much.

Well, I come from the Boston area. Cambridge.

Spent time in North Carolina before moving to this part of the world 6 years ago.

And yourself?

migrant

Post by migrant » 11 Jan 2011 06:32

I'm originally from Detroit (a good town to be from!!). I lived quite a while in Maine so know Boston/ Cambridge.

I've been here in Southern California (Orange County) now for a while, and plan on moving to Thailand (my wife is Thai) in 2-4 years.

Again congratulations on your marriage!

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 11 Jan 2011 13:28

Maine, huh? Down East perchance? Anywhere near Blue Hill? I've been spending time in the BH area my entire life (family friends)..currently my parents are shifting their primary residence from Cambridge to Brooksville. They slowly but surely (over 10 years, in stages) have built a house up there, now finished. I really love Maine. Almost as much as I love PKK... :mrgreen:

migrant

Post by migrant » 11 Jan 2011 20:42

Matthew wrote:Maine, huh? Down East perchance? Anywhere near Blue Hill? I've been spending time in the BH area my entire life (family friends)..currently my parents are shifting their primary residence from Cambridge to Brooksville. They slowly but surely (over 10 years, in stages) have built a house up there, now finished. I really love Maine. Almost as much as I love PKK... :mrgreen:

Unfortunately not Down East. I was in North Windham by Sebago Lake.

Blue Hill is beautiful, you're right!!

I, too, love Maine. I took my wife there a couple years ago and she enjoyed it, but not to live in :(