BKK Teacher Married To PKK Lass

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
Matthew

Re: BKK Teacher Married To PKK Lass

Post by Matthew » 03 Feb 2011 23:20

My wife loved Maine, but didn't see too much of it under all the snow. ;)

As we walked through the white-washed woods she kept calling it 'Narnia'. 555

We'll be back there this June, it will seem like a whole different world then.

migrant

Post by migrant » 04 Feb 2011 11:17

Narnia, that's good!

People say how crazy I am missing the Maine change of seasons. Of course their 12 inches of snow yesterday
is difficult to compare to our 76 degrees and cloudless skies here in Southern California

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 10 Aug 2012 06:56

Just popping in to say hello. Almost done with my M.Ed in TESOL, co-directing an ESOL program for immigrants here in Salem, MA..and working on an online BA TESOL in Thailand for non-degreed TEFLers. Other than that..well..to be honest there isn't much time for anything else!

The 'PKK lass' is doing well stateside. Two jobs (waitressing and babysitting), lots of friends, lots of dance classes, English at Harvard Extension school, been to several states, in good health, and looking for a possible MBA to get on.

Well, we both do miss Thailand, especially the Isthmus of Kra..;)

Just remembered the existence of this forum!

Will be back for a quick visit to the ol' homestead in early October. Looking forward to it for sure.

Be well everyone. :)

buksida

Post by buksida » 10 Aug 2012 15:48

Welcome back!

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 08 Feb 2018 13:02

And again, another 6 years later, popping in!

We're actually moving back this time around. Did a quick visit last April, but haven't been back to Thailand much since moving stateside in 2011. We're not sure where we'll settle down, but we are hoping it's in or close to BS.

Too bad all those wedding pic links got broke, I kinda wanted to peak at those as I scrolled through this thread. ;) I supposed I've got them here somewhere...

Anyhoo - looking forward to being back, maybe I'll see some of y'all around. I do plan on joining Trash Hero!

buksida

Post by buksida » 09 Feb 2018 07:41

Welcome back Matthew, BS is still a sleepy hollow, especially now that the season has almost ended already.

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 10 Feb 2018 09:15

Well that's good to hear. These few days in BKK (and CM, and even CR) have driven home the message that I no longer am as interested in the constant frenetic atmosphere of the Thai urban zones. In smaller doses, absolutely. But give me some sleepy hollow any day. :)