Hotel with pool on the beach

Beaches, accommodation, travel and activities in and around Chumphon.
buksida

Hotel with pool on the beach

Post by buksida » 28 Nov 2006 16:32

Does anyone know of any hotels along Tung Wa Laen beach that have a pool?

I've stayed at the Cabana and was not impressed at all by their service (or lack of it).

HH res

Had Tung Wau Laen

Post by HH res » 30 Nov 2006 15:51

We've stayed at the "Clean Wave" a few times. I think they have a pool in back but I've never seen it kept up and in use. The bungalow and restaurant facilities are quite good and much cheaper and more appelaing (to me), the the Cabanna.

I don't see a pool mentioned at http://www.thaisouth.com/cleanwave/. Maybe I'm thinking of Rim Had at Ban Krut . . .?

buksida

Post by buksida » 17 Dec 2008 14:25

A quick revival to this as I have the same question and will be heading that way in a couple of weeks:

Any half decent hotel with a pool along the TWL stretch of beach in Chumphon? It pains me to stay at the Cabana again but maybe forced to if we can't find anything similar.

Any suggestions appreciated!

migrant

Post by migrant » 12 Jul 2009 09:08

buksida wrote:A quick revival to this as I have the same question and will be heading that way in a couple of weeks:

Any half decent hotel with a pool along the TWL stretch of beach in Chumphon? It pains me to stay at the Cabana again but maybe forced to if we can't find anything similar.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Buksida,

Revived this to see if you have found any alternatives.

Thanks!!

passingthrough

Re: Hotel with pool on the beach

Post by passingthrough » 27 Oct 2012 01:56

There is a nice resort hotel with a pool in Thung Wua Laen beach down near Sabai Sabai (which is a really nice falang bar/restaurant by the way - do go there - it's great!). I can't recall the name of the resort now. It's still fairly pricey but nothing like the ridiculous prices at Cabana and nowhere near as snooty. We thought their expensive rooms, though very nicely appointed lacked in privacy and the less pricey ones were quite good. However we finally stayed at Baan Tananay which is right ON, and I mean ON, the beach. Who needs a pool when you have an ocean! It's right next to the beaches only "night club" (well, the nearest thing they have to one). I might take a room on the northern end next time. But who wants to sleep on holiday anyway!

lucky4ever

Post by lucky4ever » 02 Nov 2012 09:52

Palmgardens is just 60 meters from the Beach, Palm Gardens Resort Bangsaphan

buksida

Post by buksida » 12 Nov 2012 17:20

Not in Chumphon it isnt!