Diving in Ban Krut, visibility in the sea.

Discussion on accommodation, restaurants, and attractions in neighbouring Ban Krut.
SPONSORS: Ban Krut Info
APACHE387

Diving in Ban Krut, visibility in the sea.

Post by APACHE387 » 12 Aug 2010 15:02

Hi evrybody,
I came in BKrut and BSapan 4 times and so I had a view on the monthes of D, J, F, M, A, M and the wheather along it.
As I am interested in diving, I was often desapointed about the visibility into the sea, it was not enough to enjoy its wonderfull beauty.
I got just a few days with good visibility.
Concerning the other part of the year, J, J, A, S, O, N is it better ?
Looking to the direction that the coconut trees are showing generaly, I suppose a main and strong wind is blowing from the N/W, pushing the waves and clearing the water....but may be the rain and then the rivers are pooring dirty water in the sea.
Is someone can tell me anything about this ?

buksida

Re: Diving in Ban Krut, visibility in the sea.

Post by buksida » 13 Aug 2010 10:30

It all depends on the weather, April/May are probably the best months when there is no rain, very little wind and the ocean really flattens out. The viz is not the best in Thailand anyway, at tops you'll get about 12-15 meters, however all the good coral is at about 6-8 meters so if you have a sunny day and the light is good you can get some great photos.

APACHE387

Post by APACHE387 » 13 Aug 2010 11:34

Thank you Buksida,
Five meters of viz should be enough for me, 12 meters is great, I m happy to learn it can be the case in BK.
Bye the bye, is there some diving activities in BK or BS ?
I just know and experimented snokering in koh Thalu, across a day visit of this prety island, it was a very good experience.

buksida

Post by buksida » 14 Aug 2010 12:53

As far as I'm aware there is nothing in Ban Krut and the only place that has scuba tanks in Bangsaphan is the Coral resort, they're not cheap though.

APACHE387

Post by APACHE387 » 14 Aug 2010 19:40

Thanks again Buksida, so when I will go back in BS I will contact Claude for further informations. Bien cordialement de france, apache.

Archibald

Post by Archibald » 02 Jun 2011 15:25

So its interesting to select the above discussed months for visiting,I am very fond of staying any where and enjoying the weather,It is always good to know before you start your journey.Thanks for sharing.