New hi-so Thai resorts in Bangsapan

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
Mr Wu

New hi-so Thai resorts in Bangsapan

Post by Mr Wu » 13 May 2014 09:22

Noticed a lot of new resorts being opened up by rich Thais from Bangkok, you know the ones that dont really need the money but want something flashy to show their buddies.

Anyway heard a few funny stories from a few in the last week - wont name names but you can probably work it out.

One was a well established place which many of the regulars support (and keep running) during the low season. That is until the owners arrive and want them all to leave because they don't really want customers and want to keep it private for their hi-so mates.

Another is a brand new place that thought it a good idea to lock their customers out of the resort because they wanted to stay out after ten pm.

There are about three of them that don't even respond to email bookings, I have had friends try that wanted to stay.

So the question is - why open a business if you dont need the business and dont want customers?

johnny red

Re: New hi-so Thai resorts in Bangsapan

Post by johnny red » 13 May 2014 09:37

all of them want the business and need he business ...they just don't want your business

the difference is as plan a girl working in a massage parlor in Bangkok and a girl in a bar on cowboy

they all want and need the money...some just care where it cumes from

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 13 May 2014 09:53

So you're saying they only want Thai customers?

If this is the case they should put signs up indicating such and not provide online booking options in English.

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 13 May 2014 20:05

now what would TAT say about that.....I am not saying that is the case for sure,but if what you say is true and I have no reason to believe it is not....what other reason is there...

then on another thought, with maximum brain thought I can not think of a Hi-So place in Bang saphan
one other thought as I have always said...when you think you have Thailand and thai people figured out ...best thing to do is leave!

buksida

Post by buksida » 14 May 2014 09:14

On the flip side there are foreign managed resorts that dont want Thais as 15 of them will want to go in the same room and they'll buy all their food and drink at 7-Eleven and not use the local bars or restaurants.

I know just a generalisation, but it works both ways.