Bangsaphan good food guide

Hotels, resorts, guesthouses and beach bungalows, find somewhere to stay here. Watering holes and feeding spots, get the info here.
SPONSORS: Palm Gardens Country Road Bar & Restaurant
buksida

Bangsaphan good food guide

Post by buksida » 30 May 2016 06:49

Thought I'd post my findings on the best places to get different meals in BS ...

1) Fish and Chips
Roy Tawan - it isnt on the menu every day but worth finding out when it is (often Sundays), you get a huge portion and plenty of salad.

2) Burgers
Country Road does the best burgers and real chips for miles around however opening times vary.

3) Pizza
The best and most genuine Italian style pizza can be found at Sabai Sabai, the others don't even come close.

4) Issan
There are probably several but one of my favorites is that little wooden place in the forest park next to the turning to the steel plant at Mae Rampheung, great Laab and Somtam.

5) Seafood
Plenty of options here but the top two are the Vietnamese place (try the parrotfish) on the road from town to Mae Rampheung and Larn Talay, a little further down on the same side.

6) Fried chicken
Only one contender here, the bricked chicken bar on the road between town and Suan Luang (about half way, chicken statue outside).

7) Tacos
JJ's in Ban Krut is the only place I know where you can get a taco - just as well they're pretty darn good!

Feel free to add your good discoveries, it is always nice to find new feeding spots in the area.

migrant

Re: Bangsaphan good food guide

Post by migrant » 30 May 2016 21:01

Haven't tried Sabai Sabi pizza or the Issan place you mention, but I agree with the rest of the choices except we like the fried chicken in the small stand on the left before you get to the lights in town (younger woman, not older one). Not admitting the fish at Roy Tawan since, like you mentioned, not always on the menu and limited so want it available when I want it (It's not good really, don't order it. If you want it check to see if I ordered yet, it tastes better after I get mine)

IMHO

Salmon
I ordered with trepidation but the salmon at Cuisine was excellent the three times I ordered it

Cheap bowl of noodles and rice
The noodle stand next to the big blue gas station in town, right around from the big curve. They have a tortoise in the restaurant. Cheap noodle, and rice meals. Always tasty and great value

Steak (beef)
I guess cuisine. It's good, tasty and tender, but it is different from a "western steak". Wish someone did mashed potatoes with it and grilled the steak!!

Meat pies
Being from the states we do not eat these with regularity, but I have grown to love them!
Country Roads has great meat pies

Dim Sum
Other than 7-11 we found the place on the right side of the road heading out of town. Small group of 2-3 attached buildings next to open field that has the once a week market. Go early, variety shrinks quickly. Found it superior to 7-11 (surprise huh!)

migrant

Post by migrant » 04 Jul 2016 09:38

Went to Tae's restaurant in town last night. Good Thai food and a nice fish and chips!

bsb

Post by bsb » 04 Jul 2016 09:55

if ray doesn't spoil your meal, the food is great

migrant

Post by migrant » 05 Jul 2016 06:49

bsb wrote:if ray doesn't spoil your meal, the food is great
He wasn't around!

bsb

Post by bsb » 06 Jul 2016 09:31