Bangsaphan's first property development planned

Discussion on buying, selling and renting houses and land in Bangsaphan. Please do not use this section to post properties for sale.
SPONSORS: Bangsaphan Property
SeaShell

Re: Bangsaphan's first property development planned

Post by SeaShell » 27 Apr 2011 08:36

There was a similar project started up a few years ago, around near the water board company. Somebody heard there was a big University being built, so decided to start building accommodation for it, but the project was scrapped for some reason or another. Now there is 2 empty houses and a gate house and land full of Pineapple plants. As far as I'm aware the buildings has been there for at least 3 or 4 years. :roll:

Caller

Post by Caller » 28 Apr 2011 01:07

Its this the right place for this query?

I'm curious about the piece of beachfront land opposite the dog centre (if still there), was that planned to be a resort? It had an archway and sealed road along the front, but looked like it had been abandoned before it got going, or is it something else?

And perhaps 2/3 roads before heading to the beach where Why Not is, if heading from town, there was an area on the right that had been cleared for development, about 100 yards oe so back from the sea, even had a road layout - what was that about?

Do remember it was over a year now (sadly) since I was there, so things may have changed?

bsb

Post by bsb » 28 Apr 2011 01:36

Caller, there are 3 pieces of land in that area that I now of for sale by BAY, they are as follows 3-2-4 asking 5.9 million, 5-1-83 asking 8.4 million and 12-3-22 asking 12 million. the one for 12 million is a little north of the property you are talking about. Not sure about which property on the main road you are talking about

Caller

Post by Caller » 28 Apr 2011 03:33

bsb wrote:Not sure about which property on the main road you are talking about
Well, firstly I should nake clear that I'm not looking to buy anything! But thanks for your response. I need to clarify - the 2nd area I mentioned isn't on the main road, but turning left from the main road (is it where the old pizza restaurant is on the corner?) it takes you directly to the sea, there was some built up land, seemingly just waiting to be developed, on the right, maybe a 100 or so yards back from the coast.

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 02 May 2011 09:01

As mentioned above there are a few half built (or less) developments in BS that were started when the university rumors started going round, these were mostly low cost housing for Thais that could be financed through a bank at 2 or 3 thousand a month. Many are derelict now or just empty land plots.

This development is different as it appears to be the first one marketed for farangs - if it does proceed and is successful we are sure to see more of them springing up, that will bring a lot more business to that beach area which really only consists of three bars, two restaurants, a resort, and a bunch of run down bungalows at the moment.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 02 May 2011 17:28

, that will bring a lot more business to that beach area which really only consists of three bars, two restaurants, a resort, and a bunch of run down bungalows at the moment.[/quote]
[quote][/quote]

And thats why a lot of people love BS ,no development !! just basic needs.

bsb

Post by bsb » 02 May 2011 20:56

Mr.Wu when is the last time you saw"the bunch of run down Bungalows?
some of them arelike new or new.

Matthew

Post by Matthew » 02 May 2011 21:15

Whoa. Looks a bit OTT to me, though kind of attractive in a generic, sleek way. I for one hope that the scene in the BS area develops in a slightly different way (and I hope to be part of it). Community-based grassroots ecotourism is the way forward in my mind. What I'm nervous about is land prices going way up. I want to buy good land in five years or so. Will there still be any affordable options? I don't know...

I agree that BSN isn't exactly 'on the map' anway, but it's certainly 'on the way' to places that are, at least for more budget travelers who aren't flying south. I suppose tourism development is inevitable there - it's just a question of balance and what ways the foundation is laid...what image it gives out and the kind of visitors it attracts.

I'm not one to scream and shout...just watch and decide. Let's hope things go well!

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 03 May 2011 16:02

bsb wrote:Mr.Wu when is the last time you saw"the bunch of run down Bungalows?
Just echoing your own comments in the 'new owner at Daengs' topic when you stated they werent worth shit.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 03 May 2011 17:10

Mate and I stayed at Daeng Bungalows last December.Mr Daeng kindly picked us up at the railway station. We chose the two,adjoining NEWER huts closest to the beach. Not sure when they were completed but looked almost new. Very clean , large bed and basic furniture,what more could you want? 300 baht a night each and down to 180 baht if you stay long term. Up the beach towards "Why Not " bar some of the available accom are certainly in need of renovation.But Deangs will be where my good lady and I will stay in a couple of weeks all being well.

bsb

Post by bsb » 03 May 2011 19:45

mrwu, I believe you are sadly mistaken ,I never said anything like what you wrote,I said the price was high for what they were.not sure where you are from ,but if you are down this way there is a new english language school perhaps could help you with your reading skills

BSGadmin
Site Admin

Post by BSGadmin » 04 May 2011 09:09

Can we get this thread back onto the topic of the new property development - there is an existing one on Daeng bungalows.

Thanks.

bsb

Post by bsb » 17 May 2011 05:26

from the BKK Post today 18/05/11
Land prices in Phuket reached 200 million baht a rai or 500,000 baht a square wah on Patong Beach in 2008, but appraisals by the Treasury and Lands Departments were much lower.

and you thought it was high here.....I like the last line" but appraisals by the Treasury and Lands Departments were much lowe"r. Translated a fool and his money are soon parted

buksida

Post by buksida » 17 May 2011 09:01

Land is finite, more so near the beach ... it will come bsb, only a matter of time!

Jerrilinn

Post by Jerrilinn » 27 May 2011 17:58

Hi,
There are tons of developments like that.It's only a matter of time until it spreads to Bang Saphan, even though the beach and water quality is not comparable.You'll have to get used to tour busses, coming on friday night and leaving on sunday morning.