Air conditioner cleaning

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
heikevie

Air conditioner cleaning

Post by heikevie » 05 May 2014 10:20

Is the price of 1500 b normal to clean an air conditioner for about one hour of work?
No repair, just cleaning with a high pressure cleaner.
Service was from Panasonic Shop in BS town.

buksida

Re: Air conditioner cleaning

Post by buksida » 05 May 2014 11:16

No, we paid 600 baht last year for a cleaning which took over an hour. I can get the number for you but its probably too late.

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 05 May 2014 11:59

Thanks, you can give me a pm for the next year.

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 06 May 2014 17:23

Panasonic shop has confirmed me the price of 500 baht. But would not repay me the 1000 baht.
Big warning of this shop.

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 07 May 2014 06:43

heikevie, I have been using the Panasonic shop and dealing with the owner "Like" for 8 years, never had a problem, had fans replaced when there was a problem had a refrigerator repaired N/C when it was 6 days out of warranty...its a great shop, I have recommended to many farang in Bang saphan and never heard a single complaint .

any chance its you

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 07 May 2014 14:11

@johnny red
I live for over 5 Years in Bang Saphan and bought most of my electrical items in this shop with no problem.
But now starts the greed for a fast buck. Therefore, I will visit this store any more.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 07 May 2014 18:59

You can do a lot of maintenance yourself on air cons.Taking out filters and cleaning them under a hose with some pressure and then dry them in the shade is very simple. The only thing you can't do is top up gas which is rarely needed unless its an old unit.Just did our 3, piece of cake.

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 08 May 2014 08:52

so heikevie, what do you think brought on the problem? certainly after my 8 years and you say you been dealing with them for 5 years with no problem, why the change of heart...same owners
maybe new sub worked for a/c work ?

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 08 May 2014 10:07

Change of heart is very fast when i cheated of them.

Why are you fighting so much for this business owner in case of fraud? Regardless of sub-contractor or not.

Do you have some personal interest?

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 08 May 2014 19:58

heikevie,it is going to be very difficult to carry on a conversation with you,when you do not understand what you read and then answer in a way that makes no sense

no I do not have any personal interest in the business, but I do seem to remember you complaining about other shops in town,that you were the only one that had problems in those shops also

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 08 May 2014 21:05

I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

But have you asked every people about your experiences in the shops?
Because not everyone reads and writes to this forum and commented.
Doubt you my experiences? And why should I not write about when I experienced it.
I think the forum is also for reporting of something like this. Or not?

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 10 May 2014 07:12

no more comments

Santi-C

Post by Santi-C » 11 May 2014 17:59

Rest assured, Heikeve, I'm sure I'm not alone in having absolutely no difficulty in understanding your problem and reaction after what certainly seems to have been a rip-off by the person sent by the Panasonic shop to clean your air-con.
As you are not satisfied (who would be?), and have received neither reimbursement nor an apology for the amount over-charged following your complaint to the BS branch, why not inform the Customer Services boss at the company's headquarters about your experience? If they value their reputation and clients, they should be grateful for the information and anxious to ensure that no further such client abuse is contemplated or perpetuated, and do the right thing.
Whereas, Mike P's positive do-it-yourself advice is helpful to many, “JR” could also have been helpful by offering to talk to the BS shop manager on your behalf, and in your presence, instead of espousing the peculiarly-disposed unexpurgated theory that your air-con problem has little to do with the unethical and short-sighted practice of a commercial enterprise, but more to do with your personality or your language skills; such a rationale being more evocative of the alpha-wolf instinct than of logical thinking (http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2014050 ... ne-another)! So don't be troubled if you upset the pack, for whom you and I are nothing more than omega bitches :-) It's simply the law of the global jungle ...
If you do want to pursue the matter further up the company hierarchy, I will willingly help you draft
a few lines. If you think that would be useful, I suggest you ask V' to let you have my e-mail address so that you can send me yours with all the basic info.

yoursTruly

Post by yoursTruly » 11 May 2014 21:21

johnny red wrote:heikevie,it is going to be very difficult to carry on a conversation with you,when you do not understand what you read and then answer in a way that makes no sense
One of the beautiful things about Heike (and I *do* like her) is the surrealism of her English. She's a joy to read, even (especially) when she's making no sense. I always thought that "Heike" is a bit like Haiku, the Japanese poetic form. A few examples:

Heike:

Change of heart is very fast
when i cheated of them.
Why are you fighting so much for this
business owner in case of fraud?

Haiku:

old pond . . .
a frog leaps in
water’s sound

or

the wind of Mt. Fuji
I've brought on my fan!
a gift from Edo
"Don't take life too serious. It ain't no ways permanent."
-- Pogo, by Walt Kelly

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 11 May 2014 22:18

went back thru the forum and read several posts of yours Santi -c and once again you are caught talking /writing about some thing you know nothing about
the shop is a private mom and pop enterprize, so what customer service rep at the companies headquarters would you like to "help draft a few lines to"
Heikeve has been here long enough and by now should be wise enough to know in Thailand you always agree on a price beforehand to avoid problems. actually you should have the common sense to do that anywhere if you want to avoid problems