Dogs on the Beach

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
The Family

Re: Dogs on the Beach

Post by The Family » 06 Jun 2011 09:25

I never say "it´s ok it has had a rabies injection" in case of dog bites.
I never say it is ok if a dog bites. And certainly not in children..
I never say i'm the owner of these free running dogs.
These are allegations of Martin, bsb, Michelle,Mr.Wu.......and other

I have not made any allegations! I have always thought you and your ex-partner are trying their best to keep the dog population down and keep the dogs in good health. At least we don't have the problem of scabby dogs on the beach, like a lot of other beaches!!
I think a lot of the problem comes from the dogs being fed by tourists. Once these tourists have left, the dogs are left to fend for themselves, which then becomes a challenge to the dog on who gets the attention or fed first! Of course they are going to get nasty.

Does anyone know who the dog belongs to, who keeps biting people? They are the people that should be dealing with their dog!!

I think it's a shame that you have had to give up your voluntary work and I'm sure because of this, we will see even more dogs on the beach and not very nice looking ones either!!
Then who are people going to BLAME!!

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 06 Jun 2011 16:05

I'm sorry if I have anyone suspected innocent (Michelle, Martin...) of course you are all animal lovers. My life partner and I leave soon Bangsaphan . I'm already next week and my girlfriend in the middle of July. I can not see how our work be vain. Then you can do what you want with the animals. Thanks for all help. Have fun.

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 07 Jun 2011 08:06

Can you take some of the dogs with you?

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 07 Jun 2011 10:30

Yes, and you as dog food.

blueday

Post by blueday » 07 Jun 2011 16:06

these are man's best friends.They are only dangerous to women.Carry a gun at all times and keep them at leg length.

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir » 07 Jun 2011 19:00

Hello,
I've been making holidays in Bang Saphan a lot recently and have seen a huge improvement concerning the dog problem. Since Heike started her work the dogs are in a much better health condition, they are not in pain anymore because of mange and such, and are therefor far less aggressive. And by neutering nearly all female dogs in Bang Saphan Heike made sure there are no new puppies. With this she has already done a lot more than any of you to lessen the number of dogs running wild! It's sad that instead of talking about the problem like adults and maybe even find a reasonable solution together you keep insulting one another and talk about killing the dogs. There are many dogs in Bang Saphan and if you just poison the ones at the beach bar then next week there will be new ones. Of course its not okay if a dog bites but as said before, it would be great if we could find out who the owner is (if there is one) and talk to him directly. Maybe the dog is just sick? I've wandered on the beach with my friend for hours and we never had any problems with stray dogs. Yes, something should be done about the problem if people and even kids are in danger but do you honestly think insulting each other like kindergartners is going to help?
I really hope Heike is not going to leave because without her and her friend we are really going the get a dog problem!
If she doesn't feed them they will become really intrusive because they are hungry.
If she doesn't vaccinate them they are going to get sick, maybe even with rabies and become far more aggressive.
If she doesn't keep on neutering the female dogs they are going to have puppies and in about a year there won't be 5 dogs at the bar but 50.
So what exactly is so bad about her work?

I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes, as you might have guessed English is not my first language but I hope it's at least understandable.

bsb

Post by bsb » 08 Jun 2011 05:00

All this talk about neutering dogs and giving them shots reminds me of a story that Texas Bob told a bunch of us at Why Not bar last winter, thought I would share it with you , thou I am sure not as good as he told it.

The ranchers out in west Texas were having a problem with coyotes killing their sheep,as west texas law has a bounty on them the ranchers were in the habit of killing them slashing their throat and hanging them on a fence pole. The game warden would see them cut off an ear and send the reward to each rancher. Everything went along great for 100's of years. Then The Society for prevention of cruelty to animals got involved. they sent out notices to all the ranchers to attend a meeting. The ranchers showed up and the lady was telling them that the society would loan traps to the ranchers to catch the coyotes live, then the society could neuter them and give then rabie shots, a much more human way than killing them. This old tiime rancher stood up in the back of the room and said"lady I don't think you understand they are killing are sheep not screwing them" 5 minutes later when the laughter died down . the society people packed up and left and haven't been back to west texas since

Kinda like neutering these beach dogs.

buksida

Post by buksida » 08 Jun 2011 08:48

No problem with neutering the placid ones (which many of the beach dogs are), if they were removed another pack of ferrals would move into their territory pretty quickly.

But why do dog lovers insist on defending nasty, aggressive, dangerous ones that have attacked four people and continuing to let them live to pose a threat to anyone that walks past iTalay?

Any other wild animal that had attacked four people (and in any other country) would be terminated instantly, what is so special about dogs, they are not revered in Buddhism (as other animals are in other religions) so ... why are they tolerated? Is a dogs life more valuable than a childs?

There is a pack down the end of our soi that terrorizes the local kids (my own included) - why are they tolerated? A Buddhist would happily kill another animal, chicken, pig, cow, dolphin, shark and sometimes even human (some of the driving habits here are deadly) - so what is it with the damn dogs?

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 08 Jun 2011 09:41

Take your rifle, you big mouth

buksida

Post by buksida » 08 Jun 2011 11:59

You can bet on it if the damn thing goes anywhere near my kids.

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 08 Jun 2011 13:48

And you can bet on to see my rifle it if you goes anywhere near me.

buksida

Post by buksida » 08 Jun 2011 15:25

No danger of that ... unless you also threaten to bite children ...

bsb

Post by bsb » 08 Jun 2011 19:21

heikieve,so youve gone from treating dogs to threating people with rifles

did I read in one of your posts you were leaving BS? good riddens ,there will be no tears shed

Mr Wu

Post by Mr Wu » 09 Jun 2011 07:31

Threatening to shoot someone on a public forum over a soi dog, heikevie you had better stop at the hospital on your way out of Bangsapan, you need a doctor!

mrMARIA

Post by mrMARIA » 12 Jun 2011 02:30

whoa whoa....nice to see things have settled down.
been an interested onlooker to this thread and it seems to be a common problem.....what can do?
ok, maybe i do have a sick sense of humor, but shit i have to laugh.......there is not a forum in thailand that doesn't have a thread about soi dogs.
heres a suggestion.....there is some crazy aussie guy turning up to hua hin at the end of june, says he is going to drive his jag around with a roo bar on the front......judging by his other posts about flamin mice and puffer fish i think this guy is capable of solving the problem, hey if they even manage to out run his jag, which would not be to hard, they might even have a future on the track.......got to love them crazy aussies