Beach cleaners wanted!

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Big Boy

Re: Beach cleaners wanted!

Post by Big Boy » 30 Jan 2011 16:31

Yes bajm, that's the sort of thing - my grand daughter's 'alternative' uniform used to look similar. However, now that she's a little older, her alternative uniform has become (guess who's got to pay for it :wink: ):
DSC04275a.jpg
They still do the community work though.
Green Army

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 30 Jan 2011 19:39

Excellent. Surely Bangsaphan could do the same ,just needs a co - ordinator any volunteers ???? Beach businesses should realise without clean beaches their livelihoods are diminished. Have spread the word to many friends to holiday in your area .

buksida

Post by buksida » 30 Jan 2011 20:48

I'll have a word with some of the beach business owners and try and hook up with any teachers down here to organize something.

The tides have been really high this week so they have taken most of the crap back out - but it will be back.

Caller

Post by Caller » 31 Jan 2011 01:52

I have photos from January 2010 of folk cleaning the beach from north of the fishing pier heading on to Ban Krut. They weren't school kids or from any other obviously identified organisation, just seemed the local community?

They were out en mass as evident from some distance - I was heading south and stopped to see what was happening. Considering the mess I had personally witnessed, I was quite heartened by this.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 31 Jan 2011 03:58

Don't they enlist the Navy to clean the beaches in Pattaya/ Jomtien? Can something similar be arranged in this area?
Green Army

heikevie

Post by heikevie » 31 Jan 2011 17:47

Why only do the volunteers always invest in the beach cleaning?
The Tourists-business have also the profit of it.
I have never still seen that hotel and resort owner do a little bit for it.
Same with the "soi dog" problem
No hotel no Resort in Bangsaphan invest anything for these poor creatures. Sometime poison or shoot. Thats all.
We should provide for the protection of nature as a whole.

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 31 Jan 2011 19:48

Off topic a little but there are several media reports, with accompanying photos, of the disppearance of the beach at Pattaya.Apparently 20 years ago the beach was about 30 metres in depth.Its now down, to 5 metres and a lot of it is sand bagged in a desperate attempt to retain some sand. This hasn't happened overnight and another classic example of the "don't do anything" attitude that prevails here. In Bangsaphan's case maybe "old timers; could advise if the beach has undrgone any changes over the years.

buksida

Post by buksida » 01 Feb 2011 09:27

Here is a shot of the beach on Sunday:

And here is one from last year showing the erosion:

So yes, it is definitely happening here - whether it is a natural process or an accelerated one caused by global warming is subject for another discussion.

Back to the cleaning, I agree with heikevie, the resorts could make a bit more of an effort, especially that big monopolising French one ...

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 01 Feb 2011 10:40

Maybe a diplomatic approach to Coral Resort is in order.Would be confident that they would have staff with very little to do at times. Response would be interesting !

Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker » 03 Feb 2011 20:41

Interesting article in todays (Thurs) Bangkok Post about an environe mental group in Prachuap Kiri Khan with the local school kids learning how to protect ,and look after,their environment, especially the beaches. Never under estimate the thought processes of the younger generation.Thailands future we hope !

bsb

Post by bsb » 24 Feb 2011 15:24

I do not know why people say corral does not clean the beach, I daily see the staff cleaning it in front of the hotel ,or do some of you think they should clean more. The same goes for in front of why not bar I have seen Pa and Somchai many times cleaning their area, of course it would help alot if all these running wild dogs did not drag crap back up to the eating areas. I hope for all you dog lovers sake none of these dogs ever bites a child when I am around...