Internet problems

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Scorpion

Internet problems

Post by Scorpion » 13 Sep 2021 21:52

We have an on going problem with our internet regularly being interrupted for several minutes at a time. Sods law, always resumes after the goal being scored or some other critical moment!! It does seem to be a random occurrence, maybe 6 times over a period of 2 hours, or maybe several hours apart.

Our provider is True.

Is this a common thing with all internet providers, or, just True?

Is there any particular provider that is trouble free?

We looking to change, but before we do, would welcome some feed back.

Thank you.

buksida

Re: Internet problems

Post by buksida » 14 Sep 2021 07:11

None of them are trouble-free but some are better than others in certain areas.

We had the same issues with TOT - constantly cutting out, painfully slow (too slow to stream). TOT was the only provider in BS for years so they became very complacent and never upgraded their hardware.

Changed to 3BB which was 10x faster for the same monthly fee (about 650), the buffering and cutout issues are history now. Been very pleased with it over the past 2-3 months and I'm online a LOT!.

Edit: problems may be power-related also. As you know the power supply here is terrible, so every time it drops voltage or browns out, your router will go off and on again which can cause these outages. Plugging it into a UPS may help if you're having constant power disruptions.

Scorpion

Post by Scorpion » 18 Sep 2021 10:23

buksida, thanks for the input, I will review again depending on our final location.

buksida

Post by buksida » 19 Sep 2021 11:27

There are a few free websites suggested here for getting football, not sure how reliable though as I tend to download the games and watch them the next day with no interruptions.

https://www.huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39371

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 20 Sep 2021 08:25

I think the big question is, are you watching your footie via one of the freebie streaming sites, or is it a paid for service?

My experience is from Hua Hin, and regardless of the freebie streaming site, there is always an element of buffering somewhere in the game.

I currently pay 2,500฿ a year for the Premiere True Football package, which I watch using True ID over the AIS network. It has never buffered, and it gives me the advantage of live football, in English, on the go, wherever I am. This includes via my Smart Phone's Internet package, which at a maximum 10Mbps surely can't be worse than your BS land line.
Green Army