Bangsaphan Coronavirus/Covid-19 updates

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
bazfaz

Re: Bangsaphan Coronavirus/Covid-19 updates

Post by bazfaz » 16 Jul 2021 17:28

I am one of the fortunate ones in UK. I had my first Pfizer jab on 16th Jan and my second one on 1st April. I'll probably be eligible for a thid jab in late September. But I can't go to Thailand.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 16 Jul 2021 21:43

Why can't you come to Thailand?
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 17 Jul 2021 11:20

Thailand is still effectively closed to foreigners ... unless they want to jump through all the very expensive hoops (which are still there regardless of inoculation status).

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 17 Jul 2021 11:41

But those who want to come are coming. I know dozens of people who have travelled to Hua Hin this year. I agree, it is expensive and difficult, and it would definitely put me off. However, the fact remains, anybody can come to Thailand if they really want to.

I also know a few who have returned home to visit family, who have returned to Thailand again.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 17 Jul 2021 11:47

Dozens is a little different to 40 million. I only know two that have come this year and both are very wealthy and have family and property here (certainly not the norm). Thailand is closed for your average Joe. Those with very deep pockets and a shitload of patience may be able to come though - but there's certainly no welcome mat laid out.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 17 Jul 2021 17:02

Yes, of course, as I said I wouldn't even contemplate it. Again, you are correct about the deep pockets. Only one of those I know who has entered the country doesn't have more money than sense, and he is officially insane (genuine) :D .
Green Army

bazfaz

Post by bazfaz » 17 Jul 2021 23:05

So Big Boy, can I fly to Bangkok and stay in the guesthouse we always stay in? Can we go out to restaurants and have a drink with our meal? Can we travel freely in the country? When we return to the UK can we avoid expensive tests and self isolation?

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 18 Jul 2021 08:25

Eventually (no idea about UK), yes you can do whatever you want. Many restaurants are closed, but those that are still open seem to sell you alcohol providing you take your own drinking vessel. I'm not a drinker, but my son doesn't seem to have a problem. You only said you couldn't go to Thailand, which most people can. I agree completely that nobody in their right mind would even attempt it at the moment.

Only yesterday, I heard of yet another acquaintance about to come to Thailand. However, I also know many people who, like you, will not even contemplate it.
Green Army

osandpo

Post by osandpo » 18 Jul 2021 11:34

From the Foreign Ministry Spokesman:

The Thai Govt’s committed to ensuring access to COVID-19 vaccines for all foreigners residing in Thailand. MFA, in coop w/ MOPH, will open this month an online platform for the registration of expats wishing to be vaccinated, the details of which will be announced in due course.
Unquote

Seems the Thai Foreign Ministry may be getting frustrated with handling all the embassies’ enquiries about vaccination registration. Watch this space….

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 18 Jul 2021 11:47

Another registration platform. I'm currently registered on 2 platforms, and have withdrawn from a 3rd. I'm not really sure if my existing registrations are valid i.e. my queue number is almost at the top of the list. I registered with a load of other Farangs, and in theory they should be listed around my number, yet Farangs are not appearing on the list. Will I need to register again?

This is typical Thailand letting us know who is in charge by getting us to constantly jump through their hoops.

Today's publicity/propaganda stunt of vaccinating 100 Farangs from each of a variety of nations is a complete joke, but at least they'll be able to post photos of Aussies, New Zealanders, Canadians, Austrians, Indians, Brits, etc., etc. lining up for their jabs.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Jul 2021 12:21

Man finds wife dead in bed after second Covid jab
A private tutor in Prachuap Khiri Khan who had high blood pressure was found dead at home after getting her second shot of Covid-19 vaccine.

Saksit Dutwan, 44, said he and his wife, Phongsaphak Satthasophon, 39, received a shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine at Prachuap Khiri Khan Hospital on Monday. They had earlier received a first dose of Sinovac vaccine.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -covid-jab

buksida

Post by buksida » 23 Jul 2021 07:35

A couple more of our elderly (70+) expat population have had their first shot of AZ this week at BS hospital, so things are happening but very very slowly.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 23 Jul 2021 10:28

AZ? That is sort of reassuring.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 23 Jul 2021 11:01

There is a possibility that Sinovac will be the 'only option' for the second shot, but we'll have to wait and see. Most of us are still waiting for the first one.