Status of various things in Bangsaphan

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
cjsiam

Re: Status of various things in Bangsaphan

Post by cjsiam » 10 Dec 2019 04:10

Thanks buksida....
pity...that food at country looked really good.....sigh

So here it is high season---and Coco (closes early), Why Not --- anything else open?
the ITalay restaurant--but that's Thai-food almost exclusively....

Seems like the Tourism and activities of Immigration have cast a cloud over the previously
hopeful outlook for more activity in BangSaphan.

Honestly---I'm not sure whether to be happy or Sad about that --- at least it won't be turning into a Hua Hin
or Pattaya in the near future.....

buksida

Post by buksida » 10 Dec 2019 07:03

The tourism problem is country wide - military regime don't seem too bothered though and keep trying to invent rules to stifle it.

Obviously BS gets hit a little harder than elsewhere as its harder to get to and has no decent transport links. Prices have also been rising steadily in Thailand and the baht is very strong which will also make people think twice about coming here.

Consequently the bars have to close due to lack of trade and the resorts are mostly empty for most of the year. Bew Beem opens most days in the season but there are no other bars aside from late night ones in town for young Thais. For eating Cuisine is still the most popular place but expect a long wait for your meal.

The problem is that it is a downward spiral - people come here and find most things shut, they don't come back and its worse again next year, and more places disappear. Old hands and those that have been coming for over a decade won't mind the quietness though as that is what they come for.

Just as an aside, the Bangsaphan Map was launched in 2011 and today there are less than half as many bars and restaurants but twice as much accommodation, it has to grow in tandem. The map hasn't been reprinted for three years either which is another testament to the contraction.

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 15 Dec 2019 10:49

Thanks again Buksida....I am coming for the quiet and enjoyment of the environment, so, I can wait around for the upswing. I'll be hitting all the local spots to see and talk and hear...Merry Christmas to you all.
cj;)

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 30 Dec 2019 11:45

heading over tomorrow...
In town 8-10 and 18-21....hope to find folks at Montri's say hello...first beer on me :)
cj:)

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 14 Jan 2020 11:15

Appreciate meeting some of you on first pass through this trip.....
Multiple invaluable suggestions me thinks on construction and our plans going forward.

buksida---please drop a note I'd like to know more about your construction experience...also that electrical approach...very interested!

Hope to see you again 18-22? usual places :)

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 30 Jan 2020 00:06

So finished trip---Very much enjoyed the time and the folks. Appreciate all the construction suggestions---everyone is pointing to the same contractor as most reliable/fast...a really good sign.

Thanks again to you all---see you in about 6-8 months---looks like we're go to launch at that point.
:)