Advantages of life in Bangsaphan

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
buksida

Advantages of life in Bangsaphan

Post by buksida » 30 May 2019 08:32

suanluang.jpg

The recent topic on dwindling tourism has got me thinking about an opposing one listing all the good things about living and visiting here. I'll kick it off but feel free to add to it ...

1) No inflated tourist prices - everything in BS is the same price for Thais and farangs

2) No hassle from police - try getting through Hua Hin without being stopped and fined, here you hardly see them

3) No traffic - you can get through town in minutes and park anywhere, try that in Phuket

4) Reasonably priced property - you can live very close to the beach for a fraction of what it would cost in other tourist spots

5) No Bangkokians - no weekend party houses or SUV clogged roads

6) Clean air - BS does not have the pollution of Bangkok or the haze of the north

7) Friendly locals - Thais and farangs generally mix well here, unlike in major tourist spots where we're scowled at

8} Personal space - people don't live on top of each other in towers and you can have the beach to yourself

9) Nature - we are surrounded by ocean, beaches, islands, mangroves, coral reef, waterfalls, caves, hills, jungle and wildlife, not concrete and steel

These are at least a few of the reasons I moved here anyway. I know we can be negative sometimes but the good definitely outweighs the bad!

migrant

Re: Advantages of life in Bangsaphan

Post by migrant » 30 May 2019 17:35

One reason we chose Bangsaphan is the blue, clear, ocean. Farther north is too silty but not down here!

bsb

Post by bsb » 30 May 2019 17:58

Food ! Thai, Indian, French, Korean, English, Vietnamese, American. You can eat for 100 baht a day or 1500 baht a day
Alcohol , A great selection of all kinds of hard liquor and wines, from cheap Thai whiskey to Johnny Walker Blue, as well as many Cognac's,.
In the past 20 years I have tried Chaing Mai, Hua-Hin, Phuket, Bkk and I found the most happiness for the last 12 years in Bang Saphan

buksida

Post by buksida » 31 May 2019 09:58

No Indian or Korean food in BS, but yes the local food is cheap and there is no tourist markup on meals or double priced menus. The lack of tourists has probably kept Bangsaphan closer to real Thailand as opposed to places like Hua Hin, Krabi or Chiang Mai which are now tailored to extract coin.

Waking up to a field of coconuts or the sound of the ocean as opposed to your neighbor revving up his pickup or some weekend warriors having a karaoke party is a big plus for me. Everyone has a lot of space here.

migrant

Post by migrant » 31 May 2019 11:47

Been sitting on the beach (in shade) for the last 4 hours. Reading, computer stuff, and just relaxing in the nice breeze coming off the beautiful blue water. We are in the heart of Suan Luang beach and I did not see one person up, and down, the beach in that time. Even in the busy season it's never crowded but from now to November people on the beach will be scarce, another good reason to love this place.

bsb

Post by bsb » 31 May 2019 11:53

buksida, you are correct after checking it out both have closed, I think a little too far to drive from Suan Luang to get Indian food, however I did leave out Muslim food.
I think another thing is a lot of people never make it to Suan Luang area from the actual town. Remember Kraig (RIP)
lived in town for 2 or 3 years before he discover Suan Luang. Maybe for people like us it is a good thing.

bsb

Post by bsb » 31 May 2019 15:12

Just returned from town and saw a new Korean food place getting ready to open 1 02 shops down from the new place that sells duck, so once again have Korean food

cjsiam

Post by cjsiam » 01 Jun 2019 05:41

Gosh, reading this, :) the next couple years can't go by fast enough.
These are exactly the reasons we put our money down and got land to put the house on.
Best to you all....I look forward to sharing a quiet beer, or 5....
cj:)