A trip to support Prachuap FC

Bangsaphan general discussion and questions.
Big Boy

Re: A trip to support Prachuap FC

Post by Big Boy » 09 Oct 2021 18:12

Does that happen on regular Thai TV, or only live feeds? We use PPTV36 for English Premier League streaming (early Saturday game most weeks). It is full HD, dual language, and has never failed us yet.

If you are watching it over the Internet, what are you using? I suggest you try True ID or AIS Play. Both give Thai TV over the Internet, and regular Thai channels are free.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 11 Oct 2021 07:48

It only seems to occur with live sports - the junta propaganda news channels work fine.

It comes via a set-top box which the mrs bought with all the Thai TV channels on it. Its definitely not the connection since Netflix and Youtube stream without a hitch. I'm not paying for True just to watch the occasional footie game, to be honest I don't miss it that much, going to the actual games was the best, but we can't really do that anymore.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 11 Oct 2021 12:03

That is the point, True ID and AIS Play are FREE for the Thai channels. I've used them all over the country with no problem working off my phone's Internet. An excellent service, and yes, it is something for nothing. Try it - you can thank me later :D

All you need to register is a phone number, and it doesn't have to be True or AIS.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 11 Oct 2021 13:12

Those channels are not available on the set-top box we have, so how do I access them?

I don't watch TV on the phone, my eyes are not that good anymore!!

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 11 Oct 2021 13:33

Create the account on your phone or laptop. Connect your laptop and enjoy.

https://tv.trueid.net/

https://aisplay.ais.co.th/portal/

[Edit] Yes, they will display a lot of stuff that has to be paid for, but basic Thai channels are free.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 11 Oct 2021 13:41

Ok, has to be done via the laptop then. Can you get premiership games on any of those?

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 11 Oct 2021 14:14

PPTV36 often has the 'early' Premiership game on Saturdays, which is free. I bought the Premier League package (every game), which I seem to remember was about 2,500฿/year, but at the time you could buy a game for something like 49฿, which gave you 3 games in a period. However, check the feed using the freebie first before considering cash.

BTW, I don't watch it very much, but my son is a Man Utd fanatic, so I tend to watch the games with him. Much better than the buffering you get with the freebie streaming sites, which sends me crazy.
Green Army

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 15 Oct 2021 12:21

Not so good for Killer Wasp fans tomorrow with only AIS broadcasting the match. A good opportunity to find out if the freebie AIS Play app gives Thai football free.
Prachuap.png
Prachuap.png (23.02 KiB) Viewed 80 times
Green Army

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 16 Oct 2021 22:34

Big Boy wrote:
11 Oct 2021 14:14
PPTV36 often has the 'early' Premiership game on Saturdays, which is free.
Typical, they were scheduled to show the Watford vs Liverpool game today, but PPTV36 put up a notice that it had to be taken down.
Green Army