Newbie: The Hermit Lady on the Hill

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
NolaK

Newbie: The Hermit Lady on the Hill

Post by NolaK » 29 Mar 2014 09:11

Hi All,

I just moved to BS about 10 days ago after nearly 4 years in Chiang Mai. I think I may live in the place that is known as The Hill in these forums – near Suan Lauang, Sabi Sabi, Cuisine..? If not, I don’t know where I live.

I am always looking for tips about great places to take photos (hit the Buddha cave already – loved it). Anything to do with local wildlife and National Parks makes my day and I would truly welcome info on how to get set up with bottled water delivery.

While I am 90% a writer/artist anti-social hermit type, don’t take it personally. That’s just how I roll. I look forward to randomly crossing paths with others as my new life here unfolds and welcome opportunities to participate in anything from reef clean ups to good old fashion fun from time to time.

So, if you see a chubby old blonde stalking the local bird life with her camera, please stop and say hello.

All the best to you all,

Nola

buksida

Re: Newbie: The Hermit Lady on the Hill

Post by buksida » 29 Mar 2014 09:18

Welcome to BS Nola,
Please post your photos here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=245

That may also give you some ideas of where to go to get more shots (should get out myself a bit more often). We'd also love any new posts on the area and things you discover.

There is a local water delivery pickup that goes by, will try and get his number next time.

Feel free to drop by Country Road if you want chat about photography or find out when we're out cleaning the reef again!

NolaK

Re: Newbie: The Hermit Lady on the Hill

Post by NolaK » 29 Mar 2014 09:30

Wonderful! I'll try to get some photos up this weekend. You know, originally being from South Dakota, I get a giggle from having a country bar so near my house in a Thai beach town.

Thanks for the tip on the water truck. My reflexes are slow, but I will try to toss myself in it's path should I notice the truck near my house.