Hi I am considering moving to the area

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
andyg

Hi I am considering moving to the area

Post by andyg » 19 Feb 2014 00:07

Hi my name is Andrew and I am from the Uk my girlfriend at the moment works in a Hospital in BBK and is originally from this area. I am considering moving to the area but would like a small business, is this a good area for us to re locate. Any information would be gratefully received. Thank you.

buksida

Re: Hi I am considering moving to the area

Post by buksida » 19 Feb 2014 07:28

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum, if you can be a little more specific with your questions we maybe able to advise. Yes the area is developing but if you want to start a business that involves bungalows or motorbikes for rent you'll be with about 30 others that have done just that in the last 12 months.

andyg

Post by andyg » 19 Feb 2014 23:02

Thanks for your reply. I was looking more along the lines of a small food business. I was just wanting to know what the area was like in general, as I would like somewhere where I could look to the future as a nice place to live forever. I love to be by the sea and I know in order to have a successful business you need custom but are there plenty of quiet areas to get away for a break and relax.

buksida

Post by buksida » 20 Feb 2014 07:18

If you were to open a restaurant it would have to cater to Thais also since the high season in BS only lasts for 3-4 months, for the rest of the year its very quiet though there are more and more people moving here longer term.

It is a very pleasant and relaxed area to live in, totally different from the hustle and bustle of Hua Hin or Phuket. Fire away if you have anymore questions.

andyg

Post by andyg » 20 Feb 2014 21:25

buksida wrote:If you were to open a restaurant it would have to cater to Thais also since the high season in BS only lasts for 3-4 months, for the rest of the year its very quiet though there are more and more people moving here longer term.

It is a very pleasant and relaxed area to live in, totally different from the hustle and bustle of Hua Hin or Phuket. Fire away if you have anymore questions.
It sounds like the kind of area we would be looking for, we would be looking more towards the Thai side of food. Thanks.