Hi All

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
Topper

Hi All

Post by Topper » 12 Nov 2012 10:27

Hi,

I'm Topper, I'm an American, living in Bangkok. I'm planning a visit down to Bang Saphan the first week of March and would like to know a couple of things about the area.

First, accomodation.

I'm looking for a place that's priced around 2k that's within walking distance of most of the bars/restaurants/shopping. I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Next, getting there/back by train.
I've looked at the SRT website and found the trains running to Bang Saphan, but don't see any returning to Bangkok. Can you please provide some info, if possible about the train schedule from there to BKK?

As the time gets closer, I'd be more than willing to bring supplies from BKK if anyone wants something.

Also, I run SubZero Siam, a forum for expats in Thailand, if you have time, check it out.

Big Boy

Re: Hi All

Post by Big Boy » 12 Nov 2012 12:40

Hi Topper, welcome to the forum. I've just checked this site http://www.railway.co.th/home/Default.asp?lenguage=Eng , and came up with:
Bangsaphan_Trains.jpg
Green Army

Topper

Post by Topper » 12 Nov 2012 14:37

Thanks,

I'll check it again......

buksida

Post by buksida » 12 Nov 2012 17:11

Welcome aboard, this place is walkable to the bars/restaurants, they'll pick you up from the railway station also: http://www.bangsaphanguide.com/palm-gardens.php

Topper

Post by Topper » 12 Nov 2012 20:48

Thanks buksida, I'll give it a look.

After looking through the "Property" section, I got to wondering if there's any beach front homes for rent that you guys may know of?

buksida

Post by buksida » 13 Nov 2012 21:42

There are very few houses right on the beach, you'll get a bungalow but probably not during the peak months of Dec to Feb.