I can fix your gadgets.

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
Gareth_SA

I can fix your gadgets.

Post by Gareth_SA » 20 Apr 2016 15:27

Hi,

My name's Gareth and I'm a new teacher in Bang Saphan (I live in Ban Krut). I spent the last year teaching up in Ratchaburi.

I'm a Mechatronics Engineer and have a fair amount of experience in electronics repairs. In the afternoon's and weekends I enjoy tinkering with broken gadgets and get them working again.

Laptop's, Mobile phones, Computers and all household equipment. I will give you a fair quote (for free) and you can decide if the fee of shipping components or parts from BKK for me to fix it is worth it.

Gareth

Line ID : gajonh

earthfront

Re: I can fix your gadgets.

Post by earthfront » 23 Apr 2016 22:48

Welcome Gareth! Good to know your help is available!

buksida

Post by buksida » 23 Apr 2016 22:53

I have a fried CCTV board that needs attention next time you're in BS.

Mains power supply here is diabolical (daily surges, spikes, brownouts, blackouts) so I'm sure you'll have a queue of gadgets to fix.

Gareth_SA

Post by Gareth_SA » 26 Apr 2016 14:35

It's important to use sensitive equipment through a power strip that has some surge protection circuitry built in along with ripple capacitors. It doesn't stop damage if lightning strikes or tree's fall on lines etc, but for the 'standard' non-smooth AC that is supplied, it does help most equipment.

Gareth_SA

Post by Gareth_SA » 26 Apr 2016 14:38

Yeah, I could have a look at your CCTV board and see whats blown and see what can be done.

I will be working at Banlang school, but for the next few days im going to Penang for visa run.

buksida

Post by buksida » 11 Jul 2016 16:43

I have also lost 3 UPS units, all fried due to power surges - I think you'd need industrial type protection for the power problems we get here, standard power strips also get fried!

NolaK

Post by NolaK » 14 Sep 2016 15:50

I have what was a descent Canon all in one, printer/scanner/copier here, but after it jammed once it never never printed... again. I just replaced it, but if you want to tinker with it, it is all yours. You can keep it, sell it, or donate it to your school kids if you get it going. It even has ink. It beats sending what may be a nice machine with a little problem to the trash.