Teacher looking for work at a school to teach English

New to Bangsaphan or already resident? Doesn't matter, this is the place for introductions!
DonNata

Teacher looking for work at a school to teach English

Post by DonNata » 27 May 2015 20:19

Hello All,

My fiancee and i are currently in Cambodia but plan to relocate back to Thailand. She would like to teach English in Thailand, preferably in a location near the beach :D . Any information about teaching there and accommodations, home, Apt. condo rental situation there would be much appreciated. Please ask if you need anymore information from us. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Don and Nata

buksida

Re: Teacher looking for work at a school to teach English

Post by buksida » 28 May 2015 11:39

Welcome to the forum, there are plenty of teaching jobs here, the pay isnt great but the cost of living is low so it is doable - suggest you spend a few weeks here and get to know a few of the local expat teachers.

Loads of places to rent also, 12-15k a month if you want to be in a "farang" place near the beach - 4-6k a month if you're happy to go Thai style.

DonNata

Post by DonNata » 29 May 2015 07:49

Hello Buksida, Thank you very much for the info. We will plan a visit there when she returns from her home in August. She is a 33 year old Russian women with a heart of gold and loves children I hope she will be accepted in the community ( we all know the stereotypes about Russians). She has a degree in music history, teaches music, very intelegent and her English is good. I am from The U.S. and have lived in Thailand for years. I speak decent Thai and pretty much get along with everyone. I was considering the train from Bangkok. Would you recommend the train or Bus. I have no idea which is closest to town.
Thanks again for all your help.
Best regards,
Don & Nata

johnny red

Post by johnny red » 30 May 2015 08:18

train or bus does't matter stop 100 meters apart

DonNata

Post by DonNata » 02 Jun 2015 11:00

Great! Thanks for the help Johnny red...