Daytrip to Hua Hin from Ban Krut

Discussion on accommodation, restaurants, and attractions in neighbouring Ban Krut.
SPONSORS: Ban Krut Info
kibuu

Daytrip to Hua Hin from Ban Krut

Post by kibuu » 17 Jan 2014 10:34

Hello,

i want to ask if there is an option to do a day trip from Ban Krut to Hua Hin with public transportation (bus/train).

Is there a bus going direkt to Hua Hin? The trains schedule isnt very helpful.

Biggest problem seems to be the way back. Are there reliable options from Hua Hin back to Ban Krut?

If ve never been in Hua Hin before, only passing by.

Thanks for advices

bajm

Re: Daytrip in Hua Hin

Post by bajm » 17 Jan 2014 14:38

The train is not realy an option, only if you consider to leave in the night and come back the next night.

Bus: you can go to Petkasem road, wait for a bus from the south to Bangkok and hop off in Hua Hin.
Similar for the way back to Ban Krut.

The best option in my opinion, would be to go to "Ban Krut tour and travel" or Ros-Tip restaurant and hire a taxi for the day.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 17 Jan 2014 17:04

bajm, aren't there early trains going to Bangkok via Hua Hin each morning, and trains from Hua Hin from about 4pm until late? Or don't these trains stop at Ban Krut?
Green Army

bajm

Post by bajm » 18 Jan 2014 10:53

BB, you got me confused so I cycled to the station to have a look at the schedule.
Last year we had a similar question from friends, who wanted to go to HH for a day and we quickly skipped the train option, because it appeared to be not very practical.

This is the northbound schedule from Ban Krut and you are right, there is indeed a train scheduled for 9:01 AM.
But when I was there around 10:00 AM this morning, the platform was still packed with people waiting for it.
This is the "all windows open" train, which stops at every station and takes more than 4 hours to reach Hua Hin.
Attachments
Ban Krut train schedule northbound.jpg

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » 20 Jan 2014 19:21

Aren't there any earlier trains than that? They must be passing through Ban Krut all night going to Bangkok via Hua Hin.

I know what you're saying about the full platform. 1 hour late seems to be the norm for Thai Railways.
Green Army

buksida

Post by buksida » 22 Jan 2014 08:17

Getting to and from Hua Hin is still not easy, train is probably about the best option if you want public transport.

We're still waiting for them to start a minivan service between the two towns!

bbfan23

Re: Daytrip to Hua Hin from Ban Krut

Post by bbfan23 » 07 Feb 2014 20:15

Why not take the 10am bus (~B200) from BanKrut (main street), leave at Pranburi (ask the service guy) and take a minivan to HuaHin already waiting at Pranburi. Village market might be a place to get dropped off. The minivans is B30. You'll reach HuaHin about the same time (12:30?) the 9:01 train would roll in if on time. To get back you might already buy a ticket at BanKrut railway station for the ride HuaHin-BanKrut by train 169, scheduled for 20:07, often (always?) however being late an hour or two. You therefore might be back to BanKrut rather late with no saleng waiting. So position your bicycle at the station. Buying the ticket in BanKrut is a good choice: in this train you need a seat. If no seat is available you might want to adjern your trip. When purchasing your train ticket, take a train schedule sheet (brown sheet, behind the glass). It does help. :wink: