Travelling from Ban Krut to Koh Phangan

Discussion on accommodation, restaurants, and attractions in neighbouring Ban Krut.
SPONSORS: Ban Krut Info
luki

Travelling from Ban Krut to Koh Phangan

Post by luki » 23 Aug 2013 21:20

Good afternoon!

I will be in Ban Krut mid-September and I want to travel to Koh Phangan. I do not want to stay overnight in Surat Thani or elsewhere on my way (I am coming to Thailand for 2 weeks only and do not want to waste more than 1 day for such a relatively short journey). However, if I travel by train, I will arrive to ST around 5 p.m., while the last ferry from Don Sak to KP sets off at 6 p.m. (I do not want to take the nightboat). I tried to find information about minibus or coach connections, but found nothing. Is there a way to leave BK in the morning (or preferrably around noon) and safely catch the last ferry tp KP on the same day?

I would be very grateful for your advice, possibly together with links to relevant websites in English (or other European languages).

Many thanks in advance!

buksida

Re: Travelling from Ban Krut to Koh Phangan

Post by buksida » 24 Aug 2013 08:42

Welcome to the forum, your best bet would be to take a minivan to Chumphon in the morning, then the Lomprayah ferry to Koh Phangan leaving at around 1300. It stops at Koh Tao first so you should be on the island by about 3pm.

http://www.lomprayah.com/E/index.htm