My Few days in Baan Krut

Discussion on accommodation, restaurants, and attractions in neighbouring Ban Krut.
SPONSORS: Ban Krut Info
smirky1

My Few days in Baan Krut

Post by smirky1 » 19 Dec 2015 07:08

Hi folks

I spent 5 days doing almost nothing around Baan Krut and could have found it quite easy to spend many more doing much the same.it was the perfect start to my months holiday.firstly I must say the information on this site is spot on and really helpful esp the maps etc.

We took the 8 am train from Bkk station to Baan krut arriving 45 mins to an hour late, its quite a pleasant way to arrive you get a cup of tea/Cofee and lunch but it was not the best so maybe bring along something for the journey. It was lovely to arrive at the small station and only 3 or 4 people got off.

We were met by chap and his Moto rickshaw who took us the short distance down to our guesthouse for which he charged us 20 bht each. We booked into a siripong guesthouse which sits at the crossroads of the station road the beach road passing a 7-11 and I think an ATM or two on the way.

Siripong guesthouse was as described basic but immaculate, clean and tidy we had a Large tiled room with aircon and fan the room was bright and airy and up on the top floor there is a large terrnace overlooking the beach road. The family who run the guesthouse rented us a motorbike for 200 a day which I gather was the standard price for short term rental around town. Our room cost around 450 bht a night and I think they also offer very good value singles for 250 with fan.

The family were lovely in every way and in fact I must say that all the local thais we met in Baan krut appeared very warm people.

Being the beginning of the season the town was very very quite and relaxing with a great choice of places to eat all the food we had was high quality esp the seafood. Our fav was a place called Lees sea food (LI) it was recommended to us by a local and seemed very fresh and good value. another occasion we ordered in some basic thai food (fried rice/chicken/kapow etc) for supper and they delivered huge portions x 2 for less than 200 bht.

Night life was limited but by no means was that a negative we found gecko bar directly opposite from our guesthouse on the beach which filled up nicely in the eve with locals and expats. large beer 65 bht so one cant complain and I even had a few decent cocktails for 130 bht ish. there were also a couple of other places along the road its just that when we were staying gecko seemed a bit more lively so we tended to have an evening drink there.

the beaches are long and the mood very relaxed, the trip up the hill to the temple is a must its a very unique style and was empty when we arrived. Another day we pushed further north past the temple and followed the coast road the beaches on this stretch are really long and when we where there very quite indeed not white sand beaches but very nice all the same. about 25 km we stopped off in another small town and had the best sea food I have ever had in Thailand full Fish, prawns, fried rice and grilled pork with a lovely salad all for 500 bht.

All in all a lovely introduction to Baan krut and prechaup kiri khan in general. I cant wait to go back and spend some real time unwinding there.

buksida

Re: My Few days in Baan Krut

Post by buksida » 19 Dec 2015 09:19

Thanks for the trip report, have any photos?